The most powerful TypeScript CMS
Code-first Headless CMS that bridges the gap between CMS and application framework
Explore the docs
Try Live Demo
⭐ Why Payload?
- Bring your own Express server and do whatever you need on top of Payload. Payload doesn't impose anything on you or your app.
- Completely control the Admin panel by using your own React components. Swap out fields or even entire views with ease.
- Use your data however and wherever you need thanks to auto-generated, yet fully extensible REST, GraphQL, and Local Node APIs.
- Completely free and open-source
- GraphQL, REST, and Local APIs
- Easily customizable ReactJS Admin
- Fully self-hosted
- Extensible Authentication
- Local file storage & upload
- Version History and Drafts
- Field-based Localization
- Block-based Layout Builder
- Extensible SlateJS rich text editor
- Array field type
- Field conditional logic
- Extremely granular Access Control
- Document and field-level hooks for every action Payload provides
- Built with Typescript & very Typescript-friendly
- Intensely fast API
- Highly secure thanks to HTTP-only cookies, CSRF protection, and more
🚀 Quick Start
Before beginning to work with Payload, make sure you have all of the required software.
From there, the easiest way to get started with Payload is to use the
Alternatively, it only takes about five minutes to create an app from scratch.
Check out the Payload website to find in-depth documentation for everything that Payload offers.
If you want to add contributions to this repository, please follow the instructions in contributing.md.
🚨 Need help?
There are lots of good conversations and resources in our Github Discussions board & our Discord Server. If you're struggling with something, chances are, someone's already solved what you're up against.