This is a Strategy for use with PassportJS with the Force.com platform (meaning you can use it with Saleforce CRM, your Force.com applications and Database.com).
Please Note that as of version 0.1.0, successful authentication now results in a standard PassportJS User Profile object.
- Download this npm module
npm install --save passport-forcedotcom
- Import it into your app
var passport = ;var ForceDotComStrategy = Strategy;
- Define the strategy with your application credentials and information
- And then setup some routes to hande the flow
app;// this should match the callbackURL parameter above:app;
And as usual with passport, you can update the user serialization/de-serialization.
Creating a Connected App
- Please note that the
client_idis referred to as "Consumer Key" and the
client_secretis referred to as the "Consumer Secret" in some of the UI and documentation.
- Be sure to set the Connected App's callback URL to the same setting you
provided in the
new ForceDotComStrategyconstructor. If you're using
express, then the route you attach must also correspond to this URL (e.g.
- to get a
photossection in the User Profile you need to set up the
chatter_apiscope when creating the Connected App.
- the URL to the photo lasts for ~30 days
- if you do not need the photos, supply a
skipPhoto: trueoption to the
ForceDotComStrategyconstructor and only enable the
There is an example app called
examples/ folder. This shows how to use ForceDotCom-Passport with lots of comments.
To run locally:
SF_TOKEN_URLto match your connected app's settings.
- Install npm modules by running
localhost:3000in the browser and try to login using OAuth.
- Joshua Birk
- Raja Rao DV
- Jared Hanson -
whose help resolved a previous issue with handling the incoming OAuth
information so that things like the
instance_urlcan be readily available.
- The team at GoInstant (now Salesforce) who made sure it was production worthy.
- Updates, quality of life additions, enhancements from Jason Ghent and Fabian Jakobs.
©2013-2014 salesforce.com, All Rights Reserved.
Use and distribution is licensed under the 3-Clause BSD License.