Converts xml to json and vice-versa, using node-expat. v2020.4.142
Bugs are evident™ - MATRIX️
Node Version Requirement
Built on Node
await keywords are required.
Install NodeJs: https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/
Simple XML2JSON Parser
The info about the fork
The https://github.com/buglabs/node-xml2json/pull/180 maintainers (
buglabs, no e-mail, no GitHub) are not responsive. So, I created a small fix, that works perfectly, it is named as
p3x-xml2json. It is the same as the original, just works with NodeJs 12.
I am open to merge pull requests. I maintain. Please free, to contact me.
Besides, I have upgraded all packages to the latest versions.
It does not parse the following elements:
- CDATA sections (*)
- Processing instructions
- XML declarations
- Entity declarations
This module uses node-expat which will require extra steps if you want to get it installed on Windows. Please refer to its documentation.
$ npm install p3x-xml2json
var parser = ;var xml = "<foo attr=\"value\">bar</foo>";console// xml to jsonvar json = parser;console;// json to xmlvar xml = parser;console
Options object for
var options =object: falsereversible: falsecoerce: falsesanitize: truetrim: truearrayNotation: falsealternateTextNode: false;
- reversible: Makes the JSON reversible to XML (*)
- coerce: Makes type coercion. i.e.: numbers and booleans present in attributes and element values are converted from string to its correspondent data types. Coerce can be optionally defined as an object with specific methods of coercion based on attribute name or tag name, with fallback to default coercion.
- trim: Removes leading and trailing whitespaces as well as line terminators in element values.
- arrayNotation: XML child nodes are always treated as arrays NB: you can specify a selective array of nodes for this to apply to instead of the whole document.
- sanitize: Sanitizes the following characters present in element values:
var chars ='<': '<''>': '>''(': '('')': ')''#': '#''&': '&''"': '"'"'": ''';
- alternateTextNode: Changes the default textNode property from $t to _t when option is set to true. Alternatively a string can be specified which will override $t to what ever the string is.
Options object for
var options =sanitize: falseignoreNull: false;
sanitize: falseis the default option to behave like previous versions
- ignoreNull: Ignores all null values
(*) xml2json tranforms CDATA content to JSON, but it doesn't generate a reversible structure.
🙏 This is an open-source project. Star this repository, if you like it, or even donate to maintain the servers and the development. Thank you so much!
Possible, this server, rarely, is down, please, hang on for 15-30 minutes and the server will be back up.
Note about versioning: Versions are cut in Major.Minor.Patch schema. Major is always the current year. Minor is either 4 (January - June) or 10 (July - December). Patch is incremental by every build. If there is a breaking change, it should be noted in the readme.
P3X-XML2JSON Build v2020.4.142