GeoPackage support for OpenSphere.
For ease of development, we have created opensphere-yarn-workspace which assists in developing across multiple projects.
After you set that up, your directory structure should look like this:
opensphere-yarn-workspace/ # your clone of opensphere-yarn-workspace workspace/ opensphere/ # your clone of OpenSphere opensphere-plugin-geopackage/ # this project
yarn to install dependencies.
Things that work
- Tiled imagery in configured application projections (generally EPSG:3857 and EPSG:4326 by default)
- Vector features
- Export of vector features to GeoPackage
Building the web version of OpenSphere still limits the file size to 100MB. The Electron version supports large GeoPackage files.
After loading tiled imagery with a small coverage area, right-click the layer and select 'Go To'. That will get you close and you can zoom in a little further to see the imagery.
Building native deps on Windows
- Ensure python is installed (latest 2.7 should work; 3 might work but is untested on our end)
- Install Microsoft Build Tools 2013
cd opensphereand run
cd ../opensphere-electronand run
yarn postinstalland verify that there are no errors
- Run the app or create the installers per instructions in opensphere-electron
Developing with Electron and GeoPackage
- In order to develop with Electron and GeoPackage, make sure to have canvas installed as a native dependency on your machine. You can install canvas here.