Onell is an npm package to bootstrap a project for running functional tests with cucumberjs and selenium.
How to install
$ npm install onell --save-dev
How to Run
npm run test:functional
npm run test:functional:stats
- Boostraping process runs during installing the module
-- Ensure that the dependencies (cucumber, chrome-driver, selenium-driver etc) are installed in the target project
-- Create a folder structure like ROOR/tests/functional/features and copy in there the sample feature.
-- Add an npm script to the target project's package.json for running the functional tests
- Use gherkin parser to find out how many features, scenarios and step defnitions.
-- Use gherkin parser to generate per scenario one feature for better parallelization
Future Todo List
- Check how https://github.com/simondean/parallel-cucumber-js works and try to create a support case for running with the latest cucumber
- Script that can re-run the testcases in case they fail
- Create sample Dockerfile that runs the parallel cucumber part
- Script that provisions AWS instances
- Write documentation
- Cucumber can be optional