A real-time issue tracker optimized for small teams
Traditional issue trackers emphasize metadata and workflow and tend to add considerable overhead to a project. They make little sense for small, highly collaborative teams.
Ω is not traditional. It facilitates squashing issues, not documenting their life stories. No administrivia.
- you never need to refresh to get updates
- chat with team members in the same context
- optional growl-like notifications even outside the browser (Chrome only, for now)
- everything you need on a single page
- no need to sign up for yet another account with yet another password
- use tags and flexible filtering to achieve any workflow you want
- easy setup thanks to few dependencies
- create as many as you need (one per task/feature works well)
- can mark 'top secret' if you want some privacy (for total security, host Ω behind your firewall)
Depending on your needs, you could create your project on <omegatracker.nodester.com>. But to have Ω all to yourself, there are a couple of options:
Install it on your own server
Install node.js (which comes with npm) and run
npm install omega -g.
Install it in the cloud via a PaaS like nodester, heroku, openshift, etc.
Nodester is the easiest route, and it's free. Process is roughly as follows:
- request a coupon, install the CLI, etc
nodester app create myomega
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:wachunga/omega.git
git remote set-url nodester email@example.com:/node/git/<your_details_here>.git
git push nodester master
- install required dependencies:
nodester npm install myomega
- set the NODE_ENV:
curl -X PUT -u "<user>:<pass>" -d "appname=myomega&key=NODE_ENV&value=nodester" http://api.nodester.com/env
Start the server:
omega [-port <port>] [-pass <password>]
<port> - Where the server listens for connections. Defaults to 1337.
<password> - Password required for accessing project admin section. Defaults to 'admin'. (Default username is also 'admin'.)
Then just open a browser to http://localhost:1337 or wherever.
Ω is unit tested using Jasmine. Open
tests/SpecRunner.html to run the tests.
project: omegacommits: 230files : 102authors:207 David Hirtle 90.0%15 Neil Gentleman 6.5%6 Drew Miller 2.6%1 Farrin Reid 0.4%1 Russell Porter 0.4%
Our dev instance of Ω is not public (for now), but feel free to file issues on github as usual.