Nuts is a simple (and smart) application to serve desktop-application releases.
It uses GitHub as a backend to store assets, and it can easily be deployed to Heroku as a stateless service. It supports GitHub private repositories (useful to store releases of a closed-source application available on GitHub).
- ✨ Store assets on GitHub releases
- ✨ Proxy releases from private repositories to your users
- ✨ Simple but powerful download urls
- ✨ Support pre-release channels (
- ✨ Auto-updates with Squirrel
- For Mac using
- For Windows using Squirrel.Windows and Nugets packages
- ✨ Private API
- ✨ Use it as a middleware: add custom analytics, authentication
- ✨ Serve the perfect type of assets:
.zip for Squirrel.Mac,
.nupkg for Squirrel.Windows,
.dmg for Mac users, ...
- ✨ Release notes endpoint
- ✨ Up-to-date releases (GitHub webhooks)
- ✨ Atom/RSS feeds for versions/channels
Deploy it / Start it
Follow our guide to deploy Nuts.
Auto-updater / Squirrel
This server provides an endpoint for Squirrel auto-updater, it supports both OS X and Windows.
Check out the documentation for more details.