This plugin was a fork from nodebb-plugin-emailer-local
NodeBB plugin for sending emails via SMTP services and ssl only
"nodemailer": "~1.3.0", "nodemailer-smtp-transport": "~0.1.13",
- First install the package from the NPM repository
npm install nodebb-plugin-emailer-ssl-smtp
- Then enable the plugin in NodeBB's Admin Control Panel in the Plugins tab.
- Restart NodeBB
- Open NodeBB's Admin Control Panel
- Click on the Emailer (SMTP) item in the Plugins section
- Set hostname, port, user name and password fields
- Click on Settings and set the desired address to use on the Email tab.
Features to add
Popular services (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)