Generic API Client for NodeRed
Taken from Swagger's own documentation:
"The goal of Swaggerâ„¢ is to define a standard, language-agnostic interface to REST APIs which allows both humans and computers to discover and understand the capabilities of the service without access to source code, documentation, or through network traffic inspection. When properly defined via Swagger, a consumer can understand and interact with the remote service with a minimal amount of implementation logic. Similar to what interfaces have done for lower-level programming, Swagger removes the guesswork in calling the service."
How to Install
Run the following command in the root directory of your Node-RED install
npm install node-red-contrib-swagger
Testing the Node
If you want to test your node you may go ahead and use existing swagger descriptions available online.
For example you may want to use the prototypical example
The node is maturing although some issues exist and a couple of features are in the to-do list.
Currently the node provides support for:
- Parsing and invoking Swagger 1.0+ description
- Content negotiation both for Request and Response content types
- Authentication via Basic HTTP Auth and API Key
- Invocation of APIs (except those with other non-supported authentication mechanisms).
Currently the node presents one issue due to an underlying library being used.
We shall be providing the following functionality soon:
- More detailed dynamic documentation of the API being used by the node so as to better help users in figuring out what the request message should look like.
- Support for OAuth 2.0 authentication.
Copyright 2014 Knowledge Media Institute - The Open University.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.