Simple Ember+ client node for broadcast automation (LAWO, DHD, etc.). Ember+ is open source and implemented in hard- and software products. More information can be found here: Ember+ control protocol
Inside your node-red directory, install the NPM node-red-contrib-ember package.
npm install node-red-contrib-ember
First of all there is at least one emberplus-server node to be configured. Simply set an IP address and a port (usually 9000). It is possible to add several emberplus-server nodes for different targets (for example all your audio mixers). Optionally, provide a coma separated list of paths to limit the tree. If no path provided, the tool will download the entire tree - this could take a long time if the tree is really big.
Each emberplus node is associated with a previously configured emberplus-server node. Further an object path can be selected if the node should subscribe a specific object in the Ember+ tree. If you don't know the path, click on the looking glass symbol on the right.
The input pin of the node takes different type of message payloads. For a Parameter node, the message payload is used to set the value of the parameter. The two types of message payloads are:
- msg.payload takes the plain value to be set to the specified path. Example:
- msg.payload contains path and value to the specified node. Example:
For a Function node, the input pin is used to pass parameters to invoke the function from the ember server. The message payload types are:
The argument types are
1 integer 2 real 3 string
The data format of the output pin can be configured:
- plain: msg.payload contains the plain value from the Ember+ object
- contents: msg.payload.contents contains the contents Ember+ object from the underlying node-emberplus client
- full: msg.payload.full contains the full Ember+ object from the underlying node-emberplus (including the device path)
- json: msg.payload contains a JSON object representing the ember element.
For function element, the output is always the response to the invokation of the function.
If needed the inital state may be sent by clicking a corresponding checkbox.
To Be Done
- [ ] Setting matrix connections
- [ ] Ember+ server