A Node-RED node which takes input and pings a remote server.
This is a modification of the node-red-contrib-advanced-ping node. Difference is that the timeout and the number of requests are configurable.
Run the following command in the root directory of your Node-RED install
npm install node-red-configurable-ping
- Pings a machine and returns the trip time in ms. Ping time is returned in
msg.payload. Returns boolean false if no response received within 5 seconds, or if the host is unresolveable.
- Will perform ping on any input.
- You may override the host set in the configuration by passing in a value in
- For legacy reasons, the node will output the host as
msg.topic(the original node-red-node-ping does it this way).
- Any incomming data will be passed on to the output.
msg.payloaddata will be outputted as
msg._payload(as the new
msg.payloadwill contain the result of the ping).
msg.topicdata will be outputted as
msg._topic(as the new
msg.topicwill contain the the host).
Changes over node-red-contrib-advanced-ping
Ability to set ping options (timeout and number of requests). The defaults are:
- 5 seconds timeout
- 1 ping request