- Compatible with all modern versions of major browsers.
- Internet Explorer and legacy versions of Edge are not officially supported. You may get lucky if it works in them
- Event system. Almost all NjDesktop components are inheriting the HasEvents class. This provides a robust and easily extensible event handling system for NjDesktop.
- Fully integrated theme support. NjDesktop themes are now an integral part of the system and are completely driven by CSS classes. Just invent a new theme name and apply it to the main unit (the theme name must be a valid CSS class name). Build a new CSS file based on this new class name (take redmond7.scss as an example).
- Menu support over the desktop, in the taskbar, inside windows and inside toolbars
- Toolbar support in taskbar and windows (windows can have multiple toolbars)
- Icon list with multiple icon sizes and views, multiselect, available on desktop and inside windows
- List view with sorting and multi-select available inside windows
- Robust tiling support
- Object-oriented design
Differences from NjDesktop 1 features
Important note: This version is not compatible with NjDesktop 1
- Desktop icons are not draggable
- Simpler API
- Generic icon list, that can be appended to windows and desktop
- Generic menus (available for desktop, toolbars, taskbar and windows), but they can also added anywhere
- Generic toolbars (available for taskbar and windows)
- Better dialogs
- Window footers
- Generic listview with multiselect, custom item column rendering, sorting with custom comparer option for each column
- No desktop widgets
- ES6 modules
NjDesktop 2 is licensed under the MIT license