npm install newrelicapi
var NewRelicApi = ;var config =apikey: 'real_api_key_here'accountId: 'real_accountId_here'var newrelic = config;// Get a list of applications on the accountnewrelic;// Get a list of summary metrics for an applicationvar appId = 'Application ID from getApplications';newrelic;// Get a list of available metrics for an applicationvar appId = 'Application ID from getApplications';newrelic;// Specify a begin and end date range, list of metric names, a field, and an// application id.// Get back those metrics.var options =begin: yesterdayend: todaymetrics: list_of_metric_namesfield: infieldappId: appId;newrelic;
Tests use the vows project. To run them:
npm install --dev npm test
- Add inline documentation/comments for methods
- Add more tests
- Add better handling of failures returned from the API
- Currently I just ignore the status code returned and pass through the body. That kind of sucks and it'd be better to return a helpful error.
- Add remaining APIs
- Add re and limit to metric names request
- You can filter the list of metric names using a regular expression parameter (re).
- You can limit the list of metric names using limit.
Fork the repo, create a branch, and submit a pull request.
Copyright  [Phil Kates]
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.