Neo4j Swagger UI
Online demo at http://neo4j-swagger.tinj.com.
Original Swagger Readme
Swagger UI is part of Swagger project. The Swagger project allows you to produce, visualize and consume your OWN RESTful services. No proxy or 3rd party services required. Do it your own way.
How to Use It
You can use the swagger-ui code AS-IS! No need to build or recompile--just clone this repo and use the pre-built files in the
dist folder. If you like swagger-ui as-is, stop here.
You can rebuild swagger-ui on your own to tweak it or just so you can say you did. To do so, follow these steps:
- install handlebars
- install java
- npm install
- npm run-script build
- You should see the distribution under the dist folder. Open ./dist/index.html to launch Swagger UI in a browser
Once you open the Swagger UI, it will load the Swagger Petstore service and show its APIs. You can enter your own server url and click explore to view the API.
You may choose to customize Swagger UI for your organization. Here is an overview of whats in its various directories:
- dist: Contains a distribution which you can deploy on a server or load from your local machine.
- bin: Contains files used by swagger-ui for its build/test. These are not required by the distribution.
- node_modules: Contains node modules which swagger-ui uses for its development.
- src/main/coffeescript: main code in CoffeeScript
- src/main/templates: handlebars templates used to render swagger-ui
- src/main/html: the html files, some images and css
To use swagger-ui you should take a look at the source of swagger-ui html page and customize it. This basically requires you to instantiate a SwaggerUi object and call load() on it as below:
- url parameter should point to a resource listing url as per Swagger Spec
- dom_id parameter is the the id of a dom element inside which SwaggerUi will put the user interface for swagger
- booleanValues SwaggerUI renders boolean data types as a dropdown. By default it provides a 'true' and 'false' string as the possible choices. You can use this parameter to change the values in dropdown to be something else, for example 0 and 1 by setting booleanValues to new Array(0, 1)
- docExpansion controls how the API listing is displayed. It can be set to 'none' (default), 'list' (shows operations for each resource), or 'full' (fully expanded: shows operations and their details)
- onComplete is a callback function parameter which can be passed to be notified of when SwaggerUI has completed rendering successfully.
- onFailure is a callback function parameter which can be passed to be notified of when SwaggerUI encountered a failure was unable to render.
- All other parameters are explained in greater detail below
HTTP Methods and API Invocation
swagger-ui supports invocation of all HTTP methods APIs including GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, PATCH, OPTIONS. These are handled in the swagger-js project, please see there for specifics on their usage.
// add a new ApiKeyAuthorization when the api-key changes in the ui.
This will add header
api_key with value
key on every call to the server. You can substitute
query to send the values as a query param.
Custom Header Parameters - (For Basic auth etc)
If you have some header parameters which you need to send with every request, use the headers as below:
Note! You can pass multiple header params on a single request, just use unique names for them (
key is used in the above example).
How to Improve It
Create your own fork of wordnik/swagger-ui
To share your changes, submit a pull request.
Copyright 2011-2013 Wordnik, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.