node port of google-mobwrite
This is a node port of google-mobwrite, which enables live collaborative editing of text (e.g. in forms).
- Ensure you have the system requirements:
- node 0.6+
- Python 2.5+
- Install via npm:
npm install mobwrite
- Start up a demo server:
node -e "require('mobwrite').quickserve()
- Visit http://localhost:8000 in two browser windows
- Type text in one browser window, and see it show up in the other window :)
Take a look at "examples/form-editor" for an idea of how to build your own app.
You can use the
mobwrite module as middleware for any Connect or ExpressJS app.
If google-mobwrite changes, you can update the internal copy by re-exporting the SVN repository:
rm -rf ext/google-mobwrite svn export http://google-mobwrite.googlecode.com/svn/trunk ext/google-mobwrite
- socket.io gateway (cleaner, less polling)
- configuration handling for mobwrite daemon (right now it uses baked-in configs)