This is a plugin for Metalsmith that renames files matching a given
Presently it only accepts files, not folders, but folder renaming is planned for the near future.
If using the CLI for Metalsmith, metalsmith-renamer can be used like any other plugin by including it in
metalsmith.json. For example:
var renamer = ;__dirname
metalsmith-renamer has two options, both of which must be defined:
patternoption which uses minimatch to filter files.
renamewhich takes a string argument for what you'd like the files to be named, or a function that takes a matched file name and returns the new one to be used.
- I use it to simulate metalsmith-permalinks partially by renaming certain files
index.html, allowing me to link straight to directories and not have to use the filename. metalsmith-permalink insists on enclosing files within a structured folder system, whereas I have folder already organized manually.
- v0.1 Core renaming functionality
- v0.2 Allow specifying multiple inputs, avoiding the need to call the plugin multiple times.
- v0.4 Allow renaming of directories.
- v0.5 Clean up declaration method to take named objects, or a single unnamed one.