all the things
Everyone loves metalsmith's agnostic, dogma free approach to static sites... but it's still nice to see some examples, so this is mine.
- webpack - I'm pretty stoked with my webpack implementation.
metalsmith-webpackcaches webpack output which dramatically cuts down on build time.
- browser-sync - take a look at
./sync.js, it's a super minimal implementation that just works. browser-sync takes care of live reloading & dev server
- naked urls - (urls like
.html) this is achieved using mimeTypes rather than the hacky everything-in-a-separate-directory approach.
- s3 - custom upload to s3 implementation
- babel - scandalous babel-node usage.. cuts down on crufty build & watch scripts
- google-drive - scrape content from google drive folders to include in your build. Think of it as a poor mans CMS, free ubiquitous access for editing content.
- cloudinary - upload images to cloudinary, then format them as required in your layouts & markdown. This means no local dependencies on imagemagick and friends.
There's more detailed information about implementation of different features in /src/articles.
git clone email@example.com:leviwheatcroft/metalsmith-all-the-things.git mattcd mattnpm inpm run dev
boulevard of broken dreams
There's a few dependencies which are not yet available on npm. You can install them directly from github. See
src/articles/rogue-packages.md for details.
Levi Wheatcroft firstname.lastname@example.org