Starter kit for creating a service for MediaCentral
To create your service just install and run mediacentral-service-starter-kit-nodejs module and fallow instructions. You can also create a service by passing parameters to script (use --help for more info).
Before you begin
Make sure you've opened the gateway mask on the server for development. Open this file:
And change the mask to:
Why am I seeing 'Authentication error: Client IP is not allowed either by gateway or service policy'?
You'll need to make sure the IP mask is open on the gateway (see Before you begin)
Why am I getting '404 Not Found: proxy-bal'?
You'll need to include proxy-bal module
How to include proxy-bal
Proxy-bal is package accesible only for developers with a Avid developer account
Steps include proxy-bal:
- Download proxy-bal package from https://my.avid.com/cpp/sdk/apc (Avid Platform Connector Node)
- Extract downloaded files
- Enter the extracted directory and then node_modules directory
- Extract proxy-bal.tgz file
- Rename package directory to proxy-bal
- Copy the proxy-bal directory to node_modules in service directory
- Open command line inside proxy-bal directory and type npm update