Plugin for processing front matter for markdown-it markdown parser.
$ npm install markdown-it-front-matter --save
Valid Front Matter
Essentially, valid front matter is a fenced block:
- Indicated by three or more dashes:
- Opening and closing fences must be the same number of dash characters
- Opening fence must begin on the first line of the markdown string/file
- Opening fence must not be indented
The example above uses YAML but YAML is not required
(bring your own front matter parser)
- Front Matter is not rendered.
- Any markup inside the block is passed to the required callback function.
const md =;let result = md;// > title: This is the Title
References / Thanks
Code heavily borrowed from markdown-it-container
markdown-it-front-matter is distributed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.