Node.js bindings for libui library.
libui is a lightweight, portable GUI library that uses the native GUI technologies of each platform it supports.
It is in early stage of development, but is evolving at great pace and is really awesome. It could become an awesome alternative to Electron to develop multiplatform GUI, expecially suited to develop small apps.
- Windows: Windows Vista SP2 with Platform Update or newer
- Unix: GTK+ 3.10 or newer
- Mac OS X: OS X 10.8 or newer
- Node.js version 4 or greater.
- windows-build-tools or Visual Studio 2015 to compile the project.
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package per Visual Studio 2013
If they are not provided by default in your distribution:
- Xcode 8 to compile the project.
npm install -S libui-node
libui prebuilt binaries are automatically downloaded after install.
If you get this error on Windows:
'__pfnDliNotifyHook2': redefinition; different type modifiers
you need to install latest npm version:
$ npm i -g npm
see this node-gyp issue for more details.
Documentation & examples
How to run the examples
First, you have to clone the GitHub repo and npm install it:
git clone https://github.com/parro-it/libui-node.gitnpm install
Then, to run the control gallery example (requires Node.js >= 6), type:
For the core api, example, type:
npm run start-core
To run other examples:
node <path to example file>
Contribution & design
libuicontrol implementation is written in it's own C++ file in
- Each control is implemented in it's own C++ class, each class is a simple wrapper of related libui C functions.
- Header files are in
- Control events does not follow
nodeconvention: if you attach an handler to an event, previous one will be overwritten and never be called.
- We build the project using the awesome nbind tool, that automate the process of linking a straight C++ class to Node.js stuff...
- libui - Simple and portable (but not inflexible) GUI library in C that uses the native GUI technologies of each platform it supports.
- proton-native - A React environment for cross platform native desktop apps https://proton-native.js.org
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2018 parro-it