Plugin for Leaflet that will make you markers bounce!
It provides smooth, lightweight and customisable animation of marker bouncing.
Allows the bouncing of multiple markers on the map, without lose of performance.
Plugin shows it's best performances on the 3D-able modern browsers, using hardware acceleration.
On old browsers plugin provides simplified animation.
Check out the demo.
Plugin provides additional methods:
/* Methods of L.Marker class */LMarker; // sets options of bouncing of all markersLMarker; // gets all bouncing markersLMarker; // asks all bouncing markers to stop/* Methods of marker instances */var marker = L;marker; // sets options of bouncing of this markermarker; // checks if marker is bouncingmarker; // starts the bouncingmarker; // makes marker bounce "n" timesmarker; // stops bouncing markermarker; // starts/stops bouncing of this marker
Plugin respects fluent API. All marker instance methods (except
isBouncing) return the marker object.
Some usage examples:
/* Create a marker and make it bounce immediately */var marker = L;/* Create a marker and make it bounce 2 times when clicked.* Do something when the bouncing is stoped, such as opening popup.*/var marker = L;/* Create a marker and define it's bouncing options.* Bouncing can be started/stoped by the click on the marker.*/var marker = L;/* Define options of bouncing for all markers */LMarker;/* Create 10 markers and each of them will bounce 3 times when clicked */for var i = 0; i < 10; i++var marker = L;
Options of bouncing
You can easily customize bouncing animation supplying options in method
setBouncingOptions. This method available on the marker class
L.Marker and on each of marker instances.
It's highly recommended to define options for all markers via
L.Marker.setBouncingOptions instead of define them on each marker individually. The animation performance highly increases when all markers have the same options.
setBouncingOptions accepts an object with options as parameter. Animation can be customized with following properties:
- bounceHeight - how high marker will bounce (px), default: 15
- contractHeight - how much marker will contract when it touch the ground (px), default: 12
- bounceSpeed - bouncing speed coefficient, value used to calculate the speed of bounce animation, more it becomes high, more animation becomes slow, default: 52
- contractSpeed - contracting speed coefficient, default: 52
- shadowAngle - shadow inclination angle, if set to
nullshadow animation is disabled (radians), default: - Math.PI / 4
- elastic - activate contract animation when marker touch the ground, default: true
- exclusive - when it's true, stops the bouncing of other markers when this one starts to bounce. If another marker start to bounce after, this marker stops. default: false
|bounceend||Fired when the animation is done|
✅ Chrome 40.0
✅ Firefox 35.0
✅ IE 11
✅ Android 4.4/5.0
Plugin distributed under BSD license.