A discrete solid modeller using BSPs
space partitioning (BSP) trees. It has been developed as a replacement for
the solid modelling in Shapesmith.
Booleans (Unions, Intersections, Subtractions) for
both 2D and 3D discrete geometry are working, with the following caveats:
- Performance isn't great (see below)
- There are some numerical robustness issues (see below)
Roadmap (help would be very much appreciated here):
- Improving performance
- Addressing numerical robustness issues properly.
- Creating more 2D and 3D primitives types (3d cones, 2d circles, etc. etc).
- Replace use of requirejs with browserify?