A tool for creating web components using the npm packaging system and browserify - for sweet as sweet can be re-use and encapsulation.
This is a pre-alpha project for bringing some peace, sanity and
field as projects like component, grunt, yeoman, bower, browserify, etc.
After observing the development of these tools and listened to the
colorful and ongoing debate, I've come to believe in the following
- Reproducability - a module that can be built and used at one
point in time must never be broken or has its behavior changed because
its dependencies change.
- Encapsulating nested dependencies. Multiple versions of the same
dependency - even if not desired - must be able to co-exist in a single
bundle. This is the only way of solving certain dependency problems.
- Minimal restrictions Allow for all kinds of compile-to-JS
languages, pre-processed CSS, etc. For each requirement that is enforced
by a bundling system, a certain part of the developer community is
excluded. This is undesirable.
- Minimal external surface Similarly to 3., using the bundled
components must impose very little on the user and his/her site. It
To create a system that conforms to these principles, one needs
- a package manager
- something that ties a. and b. together
As I believe in inventing as little as possible, Komponent solves only
- and uses npm for package management and browserify for bundling.
- Flesh out this document in more detail