Knowledge Anywhere LMS API SDK
SDK for Interacting with the Knowledge Anywhere LMS API.
contact Documentation if you would like more information.
Installation and Getting Started
- You will need Audience and Secret keys for authorization. These can be obtained by going to into the admin panel for your LMS and navigating to Site > External API keys.
- run the cmd
npm i knowledgeanywhere --saveto get the package.
- The SDK expects the constants
LMS_SECRETto be present as process variables. The easiest way to accomplish this is to use an .env file that is loaded via Foreman or dotenv. If you are directed to use a different API url, use the
- Refer to Documentation to see available method calls.
- All methods. return a promise and are async/await friendly.
- Bugs related to the SDK should be filed under this Github Repository. Be sure to include your Node version and any relevant error information.
- Issues with the LMS API itself should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clone repo onto your machine
- Create a .env file with
LMS_SECRETkeys. Fill in
LMS_SECRETfrom the values that are attained in the admin section of your LMS under the Site Menu. Set environment to
- To run tests run
To update documentation, run
npm run-script generate-docs
Debugging in VS Code
The recommended editor for working on the SDK is Visual Studio code, which is has a debug configuration already setup.
In the specs folder, modify the file
manual-tests.js to run through the code you desire to debug. When you're ready, select the "debug" icon in the pane and click "launch program" and it will hit any breakpoints you set.