Host awesome karaoke parties where everyone can easily find and queue songs from their phone's web browser. The player is also browser-based with support for MP3+G, MP4 video and WebGL visualizations. The server runs locally, no internet connection required.
App in mobile browser (top) controlling player in Firefox/Chrome (bottom)
Karaoke Forever basically has 3 parts:
- Server: Runs on almost any OS to serve the app and your media files
- App: Fast, modern browser app designed for "karaoke conditions"
- Player: Just another part of the app, designed to run fullscreen on the system handling audio/video for a room
- MP3+G and MP4 video support
- MilkDrop-style visualizations via Butterchurn (requires WebGL 2)
- ReplayGain volume normalization support
- Singers prioritized by time since each last sang
- Multiple simultaneous rooms/queues (optionally password-protected)
- No telemetry; all data stored locally
Karaoke Forever assumes its player will be mixed with any microphones (either in software or an outboard mixer). See the F.A.Q. for more information.
Discord / Support
Join the Karaoke Forever Discord Server for general support and development chat, or just to say hi!
Contributing & Development
Contributions are most welcome! Make sure you have Node.js 12 or later, then:
- Fork and clone the repo
npm run devand look for "Web server running at" for the server URL