jQuery quicksearch plug-in
A jQuery based plug-in for filtering large data sets with user input
Note that the usage has changed in the latest version of quicksearch, the code is not backwards compatible, the form and input are not build by the script any more.
Example on table rows
/* Example form *//* Example table */Test cellAnother test cell
Example on the
<th> elements on a table row
Example of how to use with JS
var qs = ;;qs;
Example of how to use with Ajax
var qs = ;$;
- delay Delay of trigger in milliseconds
- selector A query selector on sibling elements to test
- stripeRows An array of class names to go on each row
- loader A query selector to find a loading element
- caseSensitive Maintain original case of searchable content when comparing to query, instead of converting to lowercase. Defaults to false.
- noResults A query selector to show if there's no results for the search
- bind Event that the trigger is tied to. Defaults to 'keyup search'
- resetBind Event that the reset event is tied to. Defaults to 'reset'
- removeDiacritics Remove diacritics from the search input. Defaults to false.
- minValLength Establish a minimum length that the search value must have in order to perform the search. Defaults to 0.
- onBefore Function to call before trigger is called
- onAfter Function to call after trigger is called
Function to call when the value does not exceeds the
- onNoResultFound Function to call when no results are found. The normal behavior (show the no result panel) is canceled when you specify this parameter. You get the quicksearch instance in parameter so you can manually call the no result behavior.
- show Function that will add styles to matched elements
- hide Function that will add styles to unmatched elements
- prepareQuery Function that transforms text from input_selector into query used by 'testQuery' function
Function that tells if a given item should be hidden
It takes 3 arguments:
- query prepared by 'prepareQuery'
- stripped text from 'selector'
- element to be potentially hidden
Functions are always
apply'd, so except
this to be the plugin object.
Help make quicksearch better!
If you have a bug fix, the best way to help would be to:
- Fork the project by clicking "Fork this project" at the top of this page
- Clone your version of quicksearch from your Github account to your computer
- Checkout the
- Fix and commit the bugs, then push your version to your Github account
- Click "pull request" at the top of my Github page
- Please create the "Pull Request" to push in the
I can't promise to answer every question about quicksearch, but please do report bugs here.
Now licensed under the MIT License: http://deuxhuithuit.mit-license.org