jQuery Bracket library
jQuery bracket is a jQuery plugin that lets users create and display single and double elimination brackets for tournament play.
GotBracket.com, follow and host tournaments - powered by jQuery Bracket
To get an idea of how you could use the library, or if you're just looking for a quick way of hosting and tracking tournaments online, check out GotBracket.com - early access out now!
Documentation and examples
Documentation and examples can be found from the project site at http://www.aropupu.fi/bracket/
npm install -g bower) to install jQuery Bracket as a
dependency. If you want to take a manual copy of the code, pre-compiled
version can be found under
bower install jquery-bracket
You can also use
npm install jquery-bracket
- Install node
npm install -g typescriptto install TypeScript globally
npm startto get dependencies and start "watch" for changes under
npm run checkto test style conformity
npm run formatto auto-format (overwrite) files
Minified files are compiled to
- 2018-01-24: 0.11.1 Fix
TBDpropagation and final connector bug.
- 2016-11-12: 0.11.0 Center connectors with
centerConnectors: booleanand disable hover highlight with
disableHighlight: boolean. Bug fixes.
- 2016-11-05: 0.10.0 Pass entry state to
renderdecorator to allow custom visualization for TBD, BYE, no-score, and default win scenarios.
- 2016-10-25: 0.9.0 Resizing and partial editing support
- Adjust bracket proportions with
disableTeamEdit: booleanprevents modifying the team when in edit mode.
disableToolbar: booleanprevents modifying the bracket size and format in edit mode.
- Adjust bracket proportions with
- 2016-10-16: 0.8.0 BYE matches.
- Gives proper support for having any number of teams in a tournament (instead of just 2^N, i.e. 2, 4, 8...).
- Leaving teams empty (
null) creates a BYE branch. Any team scheduled against BYE will get a default win with no score, and advance automatically to the next match.
- 2015-12-11: 0.7.3 Do not mutate original initialization data.
- 2015-11-26: 0.7.2 Fix #49, the score initialization bug.
- 2015-11-07: 0.7.1 (hotfix)
0.7.0including source cleanup and new feature flag:
- 2015-10-21: Published
jquery-bracketto Bower. You can now use
bower install jquery-bracketto install the library.
- 2015-10-14: Tagged latest commit (3a4210c) as 0.6.0 to indicate it being the latest stable version and keep future development more flexible. From now on, take only a tagged version from this repository unless you're developing it further.
- 2013-10-29: Remove redundant styles. Make HTML more standards compliant. Streamline CSS and HTML to some extent with jQuery Group plugin. Markup and CSS in this release are not backwards compatible!
skipSecondaryFinalboolean to finish double elimination tournament after first match. Skips the second match normally created if LB winner wins the first match. Display '--' score for non-played matches. Project ported to TypeScript with additional refactorings (not visible for library users).
onMatchClickcallbacks created in order to allow more interaction with the bracket.
- 2013-04-03: "skipConsolationRound" option, minified distribution files
- 2013-03-14: Reversing the bracket flow with dir property
- 2012-07-10 (release 5): IE 8 support and remove "disabled" attributes as it messed IE8+ colors.
- 2012-07-09 (release 4): Included following fixes and added bubble for 4th
- There is no support for second final match. If LB winner wins the first round in finals, you must practically score the match according to rounds, e.g. 1-0, 0-1 or 0-2. In the fix if LB winner wins first final match, a new round will be created. Fix not perfectly backwards compatible. LB winning brackets with old results will be displayed unresolved as new final round is generated.
- Losers from WB will be assigned in same order to LB. This means that participants will have to play against previous opponents earlier than necessary. This fix is not backwards compatible! Every second round of WB losers will be assigned in reverse order to LB in order to maximize the time it takes for two teams to play against each other twice.
- 2012-04-09 (release 3): Fix bug preventing edit click of finalist in Firefox and Chrome.
- 2012-01-23: SASS conversion for styles. Fix bug with 2 teams.
- 2012-01-15 (release 2): Result labels and color adjustments.
- 2011-10-18 (release 1): Consolidation final support for single elimination.
- 2011-10-11: Bugfix: Zero not properly accepted as a result