A nodejs project scaffolding tool
npm install -g jinn
jinn new <projectname> cd <projectname>
This will create a project directory called and scaffold up the project files necessary to get going with a basic node project.
Scaffold up a new project with given
Add esnext support via the traceur compilier
Show help documentation
- projectname - test - *.spec.js - lib - *.js - index.js
We include various metafiles with project scaffolds. Browse the assets folder in the repo for more information.
- includes necessary dependencies for test setup and es6 transpiling
- common node ignores plus we ignore .env file (but not .env-example)
- .jshintrc and .jshintignore
- jshint setup, suits our tastes, tweak to your own needs
- .env and .env-example
- we use .env files to manage project environment variables. We use the module envoodoo to include these in index.js
- .env files usually include sensitive information such as database connection details so it is ignored in .gitignore so you should commit the .env-example file to the repo with example values instead
Then start adding tests to the test folder.
Tests must be named:
Testem will rerun tests whenever you add new test specs or save existing ones.