A cli tool for compiling and uploading sketches for Jewelbots
looking for alpha testers please 💖
How to install
Firstly, install the latest Arduino IDE. You do not have to have it open at all while using this tool.
npm install -g jewelbots-autodev
How to use
1. Create a JSON config file in your project directory's root, and save it as
The config file needs to know four things:
- The path to the Jewelbots Arduino Library on your machine
- The location of the Arduino IDE on your machine
- Which directory you want the compiled files to be placed
- The path and filename of the sketch you're looking to compile
Windows and Linux config examples coming soon!
2. Run jewelbots-autodev from your project's directory
You can also override the
sketch-file property in
.jbauto by specifying it as such:
jewelbots-autodev compile /path/to/my/sketch.ino
You can also use a relative path from your current folder.
jewelbots-autodev compile sketch.ino
Plug in your Jewelbot, and hold the action button to put it into coding mode first.
This is early stages! Raise an issue on this project's repo if you hit a bug or weird error, and pull requests are very welcome!