Just another flat file livecoding environment.
Check out the demo website!
It aims to make algorithmic music more accessible for people who are not familiar with programming languages.
- node editor to visualize and edit tunes without writing code
- easy to read yaml syntax (albeit ususally a bit more verbose than Strudel, because less compact)
- use lambda functions, expressions, variable definitions, and more
- includes all Strudel examples converted into Jaffle
- allow to import Strudel tunes
- create a desktop app
Jaffle stands on the shoulders of giants:
- music code interpreter: Strudel
- graph renderer: D3
- text editor: CodeMirror
- website generator: Hugo
- bundler: ESbuild
- unit tests framework: Jest
- linter: ESLint
See the contribution guide!
Jaffle transpilers, editors and website
- credits: Nathanaël Jourdane and contributors
- license: AGPL-3.0
- source: https://framagit.org/roipoussiere/jaffle
- credits: Alexander Holm
- license: CC-by
- source: https://archive.org/details/SalamanderGrandPianoV3
- Tidal drum machines: