⚠️If you continue using this repo, please note that security fixes will not be provided
Table of contents
$ npm i ipfs
IPFS protocol implementation written in JSAn
ipfs is the core API, a CLI and a HTTP server that functions as a HTTP to IPFS bridge and an RPC endpoint.
If you want to integrate IPFS into your application without including a CLI or HTTP server, see the ipfs-core module.
ipfs globally will give you the
jsipfs command which you can use to start a daemon running:
$ npm install -g ipfs $ jsipfs daemon Initializing IPFS daemon... js-ipfs version: x.x.x System version: x64/darwin Node.js version: x.x.x Swarm listening on /ip4/127.0 .... more output
You can then add a file:
$ jsipfs add ./hello-world.txt added QmXXY5ZxbtuYj6DnfApLiGstzPN7fvSyigrRee3hDWPCaf hello-world.txt
- Read the docs
- Look into the examples to learn how to spawn an IPFS node in Node.js and in the Browser
- Consult the Core API docs to see what you can do with an IPFS node
- Head over to https://proto.school to take interactive tutorials that cover core IPFS APIs
- Check out https://docs.ipfs.io for tips, how-tos and more
- See https://blog.ipfs.io for news and more
- Need help? Please ask 'How do I?' questions on https://discuss.ipfs.io
Want to hack on IPFS?
- Check out existing issues The issue list has many that are marked as 'help wanted' or 'difficulty:easy' which make great starting points for development, many of which can be tackled with no prior IPFS knowledge
- Perform code reviews More eyes will help a. speed the project along b. ensure quality, and c. reduce possible future bugs.
- Add tests. There can never be enough tests.
Find out about chat channels, the IPFS newsletter, the IPFS blog, and more in the IPFS community space.
Licensed under either of
- Apache 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE / http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT (LICENSE-MIT / http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
Contributions welcome! Please check out the issues.
Also see our contributing document for more information on how we work, and about contributing in general.
Please be aware that all interactions related to this repo are subject to the IPFS Code of Conduct.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.