This library emulates ioredis by performing all operations in-memory. The best way to do integration testing against redis and ioredis is on a real redis-server instance. However, there are cases where mocking the redis-server is a better option.
- Your workflow already use a local redis-server instance for the dev server.
- You're on a platform without an official redis release, that's even worse than using an emulator.
- You're running tests on a CI, setting it up is complicated. If you combine it with CI that also run selenium acceptance testing it's even more complicated, as two redis-server instances on the same CI build is hard.
- The GitHub repo have bots that run the testing suite and is limited through npm package.json install scripts and can't fire up servers. (Having Greenkeeper notifying you when a new release of ioredis is out and wether your code breaks or not is awesome).
Check the compatibility table for supported redis commands.
var Redis = ;var redis =// `options.data` does not exist in `ioredis`, only `ioredis-mock`data:user_next: '3'emails:'email@example.com': 'firstname.lastname@example.org': '2''user:1': id: '1' username: 'superman' email: 'email@example.com''user:2': id: '2' username: 'batman' email: 'firstname.lastname@example.org';// Basically use it just like ioredis
By default, ioredis-mock uses the native Promise library. If you need (or prefer) bluebird promises, set
var Promise = ;var Redis = ;RedisPromise = Promise;
This project started off as just an utility in another project and got open sourced to benefit the rest of the ioredis community. This means there's work to do before it's feature complete:
- Setup testing suite for the library itself.
- Refactor to bluebird promises like ioredis, support node style callback too.
- Implement remaining basic features that read/write data.
- Implement ioredis argument and reply transformers.
- Connection Events
- Offline Queue
- Error Handling
- Implement remaining commands
I need a feature not listed here
Just create an issue and tell us all about it or submit a PR with it! :-)