Update procedure Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.1
- With Version 1.0.1 I'm fixing Issue https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/57
- Based on this discussion, colons are not allowed in IDs. I have therefore removed the colons, which were used for the hours, without replacement and also omitted the seconds. e.g. old 01:00:00 => new 0100) This change makes it necessary to regenerate IDs. So, to install version 1.0.1, the currently running adapter instance must be completely removed and replaced with a new instance.
- Because the IDs changed with version 1.0.1, the visu-views had to be adapted as well. You can get the updated views here and import them into ioBroker-Visu.
Update procedure Version 0.3.2 to 0.9.x SRG has completely rebuilt its API. The old API (<= adapter version 0.3.2) is NOT supported anymore. From adapter version 0.9.x the new API of the SRG is used. That's why a new SRG APP (eg product "Freemium") must be created (https://developer.srgssr.ch/apis/srf-weather). See also Readme, chapter "Getting started" (below). Please also note that the new API will also create completely new objects. The good news is that the new API also provides more data. ;)**
So my recommendation for the update from 0.3.2 to 0.9.x is:
- remove the old adapter before installing version 0.9.x.
- please note that the data-objects will be removed accordingly as well.
- create a new freemium app on srg developer portal (https://developer.srgssr.ch/apis/srf-weather)
- install new version 0.9.x and set configuration with new consumerkey and consumersecret
- on startup, the new adapter will create new, different data-objects.
swiss-weather-api adapter for ioBroker
Connects to the great SRF weather API (https://developer.srgssr.ch/apis/srf-weather).
The SRF Weather REST API allows you to get weather forecasts and reports from more than 25.000 locations across Switzerland. A "Freemium" subscription allows you to get 50 Request/day.
##Icons Since Version 0.1.8 SRG-SSR provides their own icons. So each Datapoint provides an URL to the correspondig weather-situation (Color, Dark, and Light Icons).
##Please Be aware that this adapter only supports locations within Switzerland.
- Get a free accout on https://developer.srgssr.ch/
- Go to "My Apps" and create a new App. Here you can choose a Product. "Freemium" is their free product. If you only want to do 50 request per day (every 30min) or/and don't want to pay for more request per day, "Freemium" is what you want to choose. Now, this will create a specific ConsumerKey and ConsumerSecret
- Find out Longitude / Latitude (decimal degrees) of the chosen location for which forecast is needed. This information is optional if you have set your location in the ioBroker settings (main settings) (via the map). In this case you could leave the latitude and longitude fields empty. The adapter then takes over the settings of the ioBroker. Latitude and longitude entered in the adapter configuration override the ioBroker settings.
- Install this Adapter on ioBroker => This can take several minutes (~7min on a Raspberry Pi 3)
- On Adapter Configuration fill in
- Name of App
- ConsumerKey of App
- ConsumerSecret of App
- Longitude / Latitude of the chosen swiss location for which forecast is needed. => Please use decimal degrees (for example Zürich: 47.36667 / 8.5)
- Poll Interval in Minutes (By default 30 minutes - 50 Request/Day)
The first query is made 10s after the adapter was started. After the first start, the query will be executed regularly according to the conifugation parameter (Poll Interval in Minutes). The Objects in forecast.current_hour will be createt 30s after frist startup and updated every hour by copying the corresponding values from forecast.60minutes.
- (baerengraben) Fixing https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/51
- (baerengraben) Fixing https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/53
- (baerengraben) Fixing https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/57 This change makes it necessary to regenerate IDs. So, to install version 1.0.1, the currently running adapter instance must be completely removed and replaced with a new instance.
- (baerengraben) Bugfix https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/64
- (baerengraben) Workaround for SRG Certificate Problem: https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/63
- (jobe451) Bugfix: JsonChart is missing 15h and 16h as x-labels
- (baerengraben) Bugfix - RC2 for stable release.
- (baerengraben) Bugfix - RC for stable release.
- (baerengraben) Some small improvements
- (baerengraben) Bugfix: https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/47
- (baerengraben) Function Update: Added day_name to identify weekday from "forecast.day.day0.day_name" to "forecast.day.day7.day_name".
- (baerengraben) Added last_run as Object on swiss-weather-api.0.info.lastrun.
- (baerengraben) Added JsonChart Object on swiss-weather-api.0.forecast.60minutes.day(0-4).JsonChart.
- (baerengraben) Added some Examples how to do visualisation (folder views) based on https://forum.iobroker.net/topic/32232/material-design-widgets-wetter-view
- (baerengraben) Function Update: The current weather information is provided as a forecast.current_hour object. Every hour this information is updated. This is done every hour by copying the corresponding values from forecast.60minutes.day0.<current_time>. So no new http request will be executed. The values are only copied from the forecast objects. This makes it easier to display the current weather in the visualization.
- (baerengraben) Fix to reduce amount of Rest-Calls: https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/41
- (baerengraben) Fix for https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/32 (Crashes when no Internet Connection is available)
- (baerengraben) Partly Fix for https://github.com/baerengraben/ioBroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/24: Handling Adapter State Info.
- (baerengraben) Removed NodeJs 10 support and added NodeJs 16 support
- (baerengraben) Update to new SRF Weater API (https://developer.srgssr.ch/apis/srf-weather). Attention: Old Weather-API (Adapter Version 0.3.2 and earlier) will be decommissioned on Sept. 2021)
- (baerengraben) Removed Icon-Support from https://erikflowers.github.io/weather-icons/ since SRF is providing their own icons.
- (baerengraben) Fix for https://github.com/baerengraben/iobroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/13.
- (baerengraben) Adapter-Config attributes longitude & latitude is optional now. If no longitude/latitude is set, the adpater is getting the longitude/latitude from ioBroker System-Attributes (https://github.com/baerengraben/iobroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/6).
- (baerengraben) Change from Scheduled Adapter to Deamon Adapter(https://github.com/baerengraben/iobroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/11). The query interval is now configurable by parameter. The first query is made 10s after the adapter was started. Attention: For installing this version, please delete the older adapter version completely and install it again.
- (baerengraben) Update Dependencies
- (baerengraben) Some bug fixing
- (baerengraben) Enhancement https://github.com/baerengraben/iobroker.swiss-weather-api/issues/10
- (baerengraben) Updates in order to commit to iobroker stable
- (baerengraben) Dependency- and Vulnerabilites-Updates
- (baerengraben) Added Icons provided by SRGSSR => Thank you!! :)
- (baerengraben) Added new Object icon-url-srgssr => Contains the url-link to the srgssr Icon
Attention: If you have already installed a previous Version of swiss-weather-api (<= 0.1.6) please remove the adapter and install it completely new. This makes shure you get the new Unit-Names for "fff" and "ffx3" which where corrected by SRG.
- (baerengraben) Added Icon-Codes -17 to -30 => These are not yet confirmed by srf - but I beleave these are correct.
- (baerengraben) SRG is now providing the correct unit-names for "fff" and "ffx3". Adaptet this in the swiss-weather-adapter. Attention: You have to reinstall the swiss-weather-api (remove and install new Version) to make shure the Object-Name gets this Update.
- (baerengraben) Some fixes based on Feedback of forum.iobroker.net
- (baerengraben) Some fixes based on Feedback of forum.iobroker.net
- (baerengraben) Added Travis CI testing
- (baerengraben) Role-Definitions updated and added attribute 'icon-name'.
- (baerengraben) Some fixes.
- (baerengraben) Running version. Reads the complete weather forecast from https://api.srgssr.ch
- (baerengraben) first running version. Reads Current Forecast (https://api.srgssr.ch/forecasts/v1.0/weather/current)
- (baerengraben) initial release
Copyright (c) 2021 baerengraben firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.