A better prompt.
Impromptu requires Node.js. The install script currently requires Git. Impromptu supports bash and zsh by default.
npm install -g impromptu
which impromptu. If there's no output, npm's global scripts are not available in your
$PATH. You'll need to add something like
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/share/npm/bin to your shell’s configuration file.
source impromptu to the end of your shell’s configuration file. You might want to run something like
echo 'source impromptu' >> ~/.bash_profile on a default OS X install.
- Prompts should be aware of the internet, and able to show relevant information from it.
- Prompts should show relevant information when you need it, and nothing else.
- Prompts should use colors so that they're visually easy to parse.
- Prompts should be prompt. Performance is paramount.
- Impromptu should be self-documenting.
- Impromptu should be easily extensible.
Copyright (c) 2013 Daryl Koopersmith & Evan Solomon
Licensed under the MIT license.