A sentient prompt.
A better prompt.
npm install -g use-impromptu
which impromptu. If there's no output, npm's global scripts are not available in your
$PATH. You'll need to add something like
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/share/npm/binto your shell’s configuration file.
source impromptuto the end of your shell’s configuration file. You might want to run something like
echo 'source impromptu' >> ~/.bash_profileon a default OS X install.
- Prompts should be aware of the internet, and able to show relevant information from it.
- Prompts should show relevant information when you need it, and nothing else.
- Prompts should use colors so that they're visually easy to parse.
- Prompts should be prompt. Performance is paramount.
- Impromptu should be self-documenting.
- Impromptu should be easily extensible.
Copyright (c) 2013 Daryl Koopersmith & Evan Solomon Licensed under the MIT license.