Hydra-Express is a light-weight library for building NodeJS and ExpressJS based distributed computing applications. It was announced at EmpireNode 2016.
Hydra offers features such as service discovery, distributed messaging, message load balancing, logging, presence, and health monitoring.
Using Hapi, Koa, Sails.js, Restify or Restana then checkout the Hydra Integration Project.
Interested in running Hydra-express on AWS using Docker containers and Swarm mode? See: https://github.com/cjus/hydra-and-aws-in-docker-swarm
Join us on Slack!
Are you using or planning on using Hydra on your project? Join us on Slack for more direct support. https://fwsp-hydra.slack.com To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired username and email address (for invite).
There are many projects on NPM which contain the name
hydra. The following are official projects related to the Hydra - microservice library.
- Hydra: hydra core project for use with Non-ExpressJS apps
- Hydra-Express: hydra for ExpressJS developers
- Hydra-Integration: Integrating third-party Node.js web frameworks with Hydra
- Hydra-Router: A service-aware socket and HTTP API router
- Hydra-cli: a hydra commandline client for interacting with Hydra-enabled applications
- Hydra Generator: A Yeoman generator for quickly building hydra-based projects
- Hydra-plugin-rpc: Create and consume remote procedure calls in hydra with ease
- Hydra-Cluster: A compute cluster based on Hydra
- UMF: Universal Message Format, a messaging specification for routable messages