Homebridge plugin for Tuya devices using a cloud Tuya Web Api.
This Homebridge plugin is based on the Home Assistent Tuya integration that implements a special Tuya Home Assistant API.
This Homebridge Plugin implements the following features:
- Controlling Tuya WIFI enabled devices form within HomeKit enabled iOS Apps.
- Uses simple and lightweight Cloud Web API to control and get state update from Tuya devices. You will need a stable internet connection to control the devices and get frequent state updates.
- Device State Caching. State of devices is cached in memory, every time a HomeKit app request status updates from the devices this results in a very fast and responsive response. State cache is updated every 10 seconds and when controled from a HomeKit app. There can be a latancy in updates when a device is controled form an App/Hub/Controller other than HomeKit, e.g. from the Tuya Android/iOS App.
npm i homebridge-tuya-web -g
"platform": "TuyaWebPlatform""name": "TuyaWebPlatform""options":"username": "firstname.lastname@example.org""password": "xxxxxxxxxx""countryCode": "xx""platform": "smart_life""pollingInterval": 10
options has these properties:
username: Required. The username for the account that is registered in the Android/iOS App.
password: Required. The password for the account that is registered in the Android/iOS App.
countryCode: Required. Your account country code, e.g., 1 for USA or 86 for China.
plaform: The App where your account is registered.
tuyafor Tuya Smart,
smart_lifefor Smart Life,
jinvoo_smartfor Jinvoo Smart. Defaults to
pollingInterval: Optional. The frequency in seconds that the plugin polls the cloud to get device updates. When the devices are only controlled through Homebridge, you can set this to a low frequency (high interval nummer, e.g. 180 = 3 minutes). Defaults to 10.
Overrule / default values
As of version 0.1.6 it is possible to override or set values to default. As of now only overruling device type is posible. See configuration below.
"platform": "TuyaWebPlatform""name": "TuyaWebPlatform""options":..."defaults":"id": "<id>""device_type": "<device_type>"
defaults has these properties:
id: Required. The id for the device that is registered in the Android/iOS App.
device_type: Optional. The device_type to be overruled. For now only device type
dimmeris supported. This can be usefull for dimmers that are reported as
lightby the Tuya API and don't support hue and saturation.
Supported device types
There is currently support for the following device types within this Homebridge plugin:
- Switch/Outlet - The platform supports switch and outlets/sockets.
- Light/Dimmer - The platform supports most kinds of Tuya light. Partly implemented, now only supports controlling on/off and brightness. This can be used with a dimmer.
The used Web API also supports these devices, but are not implemented yet in the plugin.
- Climate - Not yet supported.
- Cover - Not yet supported.
- Fan - Not yet supported.
- Scene - Not supported, don't see the use of this as scenes are configured in HomeKit. Will probably never implement this.
These features are on my wishlist and need to be implemented:
- Implement devices that are not supported yet.
- Add option to enable/disable state caching.
- Add option to change polling frequency to user defined value (default is now 10 seconds).
The source code also has some unit tests to test API calls. Run the following command to run the unit tests.
Version 0.1.7 - 2019-08-18
- Fixed not correct updating after reboot of Homebridge.
Version 0.1.6 - 2019-08-18
- Added light accessory (made by niksauer, thanks!!)
- Added overruling device type in config. Some dimmers are reported by Tuya API as
lights. Dimmers don't have hue and saturation and therfor the device type has to be overruled to
Version 0.1.5 - 2019-08-18
- Fixed issue #17 - Outlets and switches not turning off in Home app when turned off with other app.
Version 0.1.4 - 2019-08-09
- Switch to regional Tuya Web API server after authentication was successful (EU / China / USA).