Update (April 13, 2016)
The portion of the app that directly interfaces with the API has recently been split off into its own module. You can check it out here.
- Print out stories from HN feeds (top, new, ask, show, and job)
- View info for individual story specified by ID
- View stories by headline only or with verbosity
- Display url for a specified post
- Save/load HN stories to/from favourites, which are stored as a local JSON state in program's directory
- Print out list of stories that have been favourited
Run git clone hacka-news to clone this repository, then run npm install to install all the dependencies.
- Error comments are unorganized
- No unit/integration testing
- Filter feed results by tags or url
- Open browser window for story
- Story caching: Save stories from feeds to cache
- Render HTML page for stories
- Save to Pocket integration