The streaming build system
- Automation - gulp is a toolkit that helps you automate painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow.
- Platform-agnostic - Integrations are built into all major IDEs and people are using gulp with PHP, .NET, Node.js, Java, and other platforms.
- Strong Ecosystem - Use npm modules to do anything you want + over 2000 curated plugins for streaming file transformations
- Simple - By providing only a minimal API surface, gulp is easy to learn and simple to use
For a Getting started guide, API docs, recipes, making a plugin, etc. check out or docs!
- Need something reliable? Check out the documentation for the current release!
- Want to help us test the latest and greatest? Check out the documentation for the next release!
This file will give you a taste of what gulp does.
var gulp = ;var coffee = ;var concat = ;var uglify = ;var imagemin = ;var sourcemaps = ;var del = ;var paths =scripts: 'client/js/**/*.coffee' '!client/external/**/*.coffee'images: 'client/img/**/*';// Not all tasks need to use streams// A gulpfile is just another node program and you can use any package available on npmgulp;gulp;// Copy all static imagesgulp;// Rerun the task when a file changesgulp;// The default task (called when you run `gulp` from cli)gulp;
We recommend these plugins:
- gulp-changed - only pass through changed files
- gulp-cached - in-memory file cache, not for operation on sets of files
- gulp-remember - pairs nicely with gulp-cached
- gulp-newer - pass through newer source files only, supports many:1 source:dest
Anyone can help make this project better - check out our Contributing guide!