simple google spreadsheet to geoJSON converter
This is a super simple node.js command line tool (NPM) that fetches your data from Google Spreadsheets and transforms it to geoJSON with the option to write it to a file. When you push the file to GitHub after running the script, you can view it in your repo as a lovely map!
npm install -g gs2geojson
- Have a Google Spreadsheet with lat, long columns and if you want, a hexcolor column. Publish spreadsheet, copy key.
gogogeo YOURSPREADSHEETKEY --saveto write it to a file to push to GitHub
See directly below if you want to know more about getting lat and long
- Your spreadsheet should have a lat column and long column. You can do it manually or use this Mapbox Plugin or use a Geocoder.
- If you want to pick your own markers colors, and a column titled hexcolor with the hexcolor values you want. The default is blue.
Publish to the Web>
Start Publishing. Copy the key generated between the = and &:
- You'll need to have Node.js installed on your computer.
- In your computer's Terminal, type
npm install -g gs2geojsonto install it as a global module.
- To do a test, you can type
npm testand it will run with a sample spreadsheet.
- In your Terminal type
- If you want to save the spreadsheet as a geojson file in the directory you're in type
gogogeo YOURSPREADSHEETKEY --save
- To pipe the data to you clipboard to paste somewhere else type
gogogeo YOURSPREADSHEETKEY | pbcopy
- Include it in a repo and push it to GitHub!
- Go look at it on the internet!