Static site compiler built around swig
A static site compiler for grunt based on swig templates
This plugin requires Grunt
If you haven't used Grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a Gruntfile as well as install and use Grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-swig --save-dev
In your project's Gruntfile, add a section named
swig to the data object passed into
swig:development:init:autoescape: truedest: "www/"src: '**/*.swig'generateSitemap: truegenerateRobotstxt: truesiteUrl: ''production: falsefb_appid: '1349v'ga_account_id: 'UA-xxxxxxxx-1'robots_directive: 'Disallow /'sitemap_priorities:'_DEFAULT_': '0.5''index.html': '0.8''subpage.html': '0.7'
Grunt Swig will loop through files listed in
source/index.swig. It will look for a
source/index.json and add it to
the rest of the variables provided in
swig:development or in
global.js, and then run swig
source/index.swig saving the output to
You can also provide context, for example
swig:development:blue which will
perform the same actions above, but after process the JSON it will also expand
the variable list with
source/index.blue.json and provide the variable
context to the rest of the swig template.
The siteUrl is used to build a sitemap. Right now all the other elements are hard coded, eventually this could be set in the config object.
The 'sitemap_priorities' will set custom priorities based on the page name when building the sitemap. The first item 'DEFAULT' will be the default priority used if a page name is not explicitly set. In the above example the page 'index.html' would be given priority of '0.8', 'subpage.html' would be given a priority of '0.7', and all other pages would get a priority of '0.5', You need to give the relative path to the output html file for this to work.
Path and base name of the source template file are available in
the path and
tplFile.basename for the basename.
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style. Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality. Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- 2013-12-20 - v(0.2.1) Fix Issue #20, bad logic in config variables
- 2013-11-18 - (v0.2.0) Swig 1.0 support, major refactor by @nickpack
- 2013-09-23 - Template basename and path added - Thanks @polem!
- 2013-06-08 - Fixed regression caused by init block addition preventing finding associated json payloads
- 2013-05-26 - Added init key to grunt config to allow passing over of swig options.
- 2013-05-24 - Added options to enable/disable sitemap.xml and robots.txt generation, added travis ci config.
- 2013-05-14 - Basic test suite added by Thomas Lebeau
- 2013-05-14 - respect the full source path
- 2013-04-13 - @nickpack - Refactored to work with the latest version of grunt, tidied up code and added global variable js
- 2012-11-04 - Added custom priorities to sitemap.xml when built (kengoldfarb)
- 2012-11-04 - Added ability to build robots.txt (kengoldfarb)
- 2012-11-04 - Added ability to build sitemap
- Initial Commit - compiles templates with context
ANYONE RUNNING 0.1.1 IS ADVISED TO UPGRADE TO 0.1.2 - There is an error in 0.1.1 package.json