Grunt Patch is a grunt plugin which can be used to patch files using grunt.
This plugin requires Grunt
If you haven't used Grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a Gruntfile as well as install and use Grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-patch --save-dev
The "patch" task
In your project's Gruntfile, add a section named
patch to the data object passed into
This is a string value which can either be the path of a patch file or the patch string itself. This is a required option.
In this example, the default options are used to patch an input file named
default.patch to output a patched file named
In this example, the custom options are used to patch an input file named
input.custom with the string mentioned in
patch to output a patched file named
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style. Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality. Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.7 Updating verbose.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.6 Added exceptions to fail patch.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.5 Updates to README.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.2 Added Travis CI to README.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.1 Updated the README file with Release History.
- 2014-07-31 v0.1.0 First release of grunt-patch.
Copyright (c) NetTantra Technologies