Clean files and folders
If you haven't used Grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a Gruntfile as well as install and use Grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-contrib-clean --save-dev
Run this task with the
grunt clean command.
Task targets, files and options may be specified according to the grunt Configuring tasks guide.
Due to the destructive nature of this task, always be cautious of the paths you clean.
This overrides this task from blocking deletion of folders outside current working dir (CWD). Use with caution.
Will not actually delete any files or directories.
If the task is run with the
--verbose flag, the task will log messages of what files would have be deleted.
Note: As this task property contains a hyphen, you will need to surround it with quotes.
There are three formats you can use to run this task.
clean: 'path/to/dir/one' 'path/to/dir/two'
Medium (specific targets with global options)
clean:build: 'path/to/dir/one' 'path/to/dir/two'release: 'path/to/another/dir/one' 'path/to/another/dir/two'
Long (specific targets with per target options)
clean:build:src: 'path/to/dir/one' 'path/to/dir/two'
"Compact" and "Files Array" formats support a few additional properties which help you deal with hidden files, process dynamic mappings and so on.
Although documented in the Grunt Docs, here are some globbing pattern examples to achieve some common tasks:
clean:folder: 'path/to/dir/'folder_v2: 'path/to/dir/**'contents: 'path/to/dir/*'subfolders: 'path/to/dir/*/'css: 'path/to/dir/*.css'all_css: 'path/to/dir/**/*.css'
folder: Deletes the
folder_v2: Deletes the
contents: Keeps the
dir/folder, but deletes the contents
subfolders: Keeps the files inside the
dir/folder, but deletes all subfolders
css: Deletes all
*.cssfiles inside the
dir/folder, excluding subfolders
all_css: Deletes all
*.cssfiles inside the
dir/folder and its subfolders
// Deletes all .js files, but skips min.js filesclean:js: 'path/to/dir/*.js' '!path/to/dir/*.min.js'
Options can be specified for all
clean tasks and for each
####### All tasks
// Prevents all targets from deleting any filesclean:options:'no-write': truebuild: 'dev/build'release: 'dist'
// Will delete files for `build` target// Will NOT delete files for `release` targetclean:build: 'dev/build'release:options:'no-write': truesrc: 'dist'
- 2018-09-08 v2.0.0 Update all dependencies. Drop Node.js < 6 support.
- 2017-04-12 v1.1.0 Update grunt to 1.0.0. Updates to docs and changelog. Update internal modules.
- 2016-02-15 v1.0.0 Drop support for Node.js v0.8. Grunt peer dependency tagged
>= 0.4.5. Dependency updates.
- 2015-11-13 v0.7.0 Dependency updates.
- 2014-07-27 v0.6.0 Less verbose output. README updates.
- 2013-07-15 v0.5.0 Use rimraf directly, version 2.2.1 to fix issue on Windows. Add
no-writeoption to mimic
- 2013-04-16 v0.4.1 Check if file exists to avoid trying to delete a non-existent file.
- 2013-02-15 v0.4.0 First official release for Grunt 0.4.0.
- 2013-01-18 v0.4.0rc6 Updating grunt/gruntplugin dependencies to rc6. Changing in-development grunt/gruntplugin dependency versions from tilde version ranges to specific versions.
- 2013-01-09 v0.4.0rc5 Updating to work with grunt v0.4.0rc5. Switching to
- 2012-12-07 v0.4.0a Conversion to grunt v0.4 conventions. Remove Node.js v0.6 and grunt v0.3 support. Add
forceoption to bypass CWD check.
- 2012-09-23 v0.3.0 Options no longer accepted from global config key.
- 2012-09-10 v0.2.0 Refactored from grunt-contrib into individual repo.
Task submitted by Tim Branyen
This file was generated on Sat Sep 08 2018 11:53:35.