This is a Node.JS implementation of the grammar verification Bash scripts by Matt Might. Taking his work a bit further, this implementation installs as a global binary, allows for future expansion of modules, and outputs the found errors in various ways that best suit the user.
Install the command line tool globally using npm's
# sudo npm install grammarlint -g
# grammarlint /path/to/text
- --irregulars Override the default list of verbs used when finding passive voice. It can be a path to a text file with each verb on a new line or a JSON array passed-in directly.
- --weasels Override the default list of weasels words. It can be a path to a text file with each word on a new line or a JSON array passed-in directly.
- --skipWords Specify words to skip during spellcheck.
- --commons Specify which words to treat as "common" during word overuse checking.
- --overuseThreshold Specify frequency of use to qualify as overused. (Defaults to 10)
- --skip Optionally skip some checks. Options are the names of each check. (i.e. "Passive Voice")
- --formatter Output the results using different formatters. Default is "table" but "csv" is also available.
- Build subject verb agreement module
- Build capitalization detection module
- Build Checkstyle output formatter