Install this utility, answer a few questions, get to cleaning out your cluttered GitHub account.
What You Need:
- Node + NPM (2 minutes)
- A GitHub OAuth Token w/ Access To Backup and Delete (1 minute)
- A folder to store backups of repos (5 seconds / optional)
How To Get It:
npm i -g github-cleaner
How To Use It:
GitHub Cleaner(Prompt Choice, Use Enter Button)
- Select Repos (Space Bar Selects or Unselects)
- Select Action (Prompt Choice, Use Enter Button)
- Confirm Action and Repo(s)
- Repeat (if needed)
If you are running the application for the first time you need to answer some questions so that github-cleaner can find your repos.
This module is very new please run
ENV=DEV ghcleanfor more details on errors for issue reporting.
If you are running this tool for Enterprise your apiBase will likely look like
When creating a token only give it the privileges it needs. This application needs the ability to Find, Backup and Delete repos.