Listen for git web hooks and automatically update and deploy code
Listen for git web hooks and automatically update and deploy code.
The source is available for download from
GitHub. Clone the repository,
config.local.js and edit it to suit your needs
(see below). Run
npm install to install dependencies, then run
node index.js and confirm the service successfully starts. Although the
service should be stable, you will probably want to run it via a process
supervisor such as pm2, monit, forever, supervisord, etc.
- web_port - The HTTP port to listen to. Default is 23200.
- run_as_user - Switch the process to another user after it has started. This is useful for running as root and logging to ie /var/log/gitdeploy.log, then dropping root privileges. Defaults to empty.
- log_path - Relative or absolute path for the log file. Defaults to gitdeploy.log.
- log_level - Logging verbosity. Valid values are debug, info, warn, and error. Defaults to debug.
- forward_to - An optional array of URLs to forward incoming pings to. Useful for pinging servers that are not publicly accessible.
- repositories - An array of repository objects describing local
git clones. Each repository object consists of the following fields:
- url - Public web URL of the repository. This must match what GitHub/Bitbucket/etc send exactly. An example is https://github.com/jhurliman/Test-Repo.
- path - Local path to the cloned repository. This must be an absolute path.
- deploy - (Optional) A script or shell command to run after git pull has finished. This is usually a deployment or notification script.