Git commit standard
Git Linter is simple package that make sure to prevent any commit that is not matching the Conventional Commits, run unit test before commiting and run eslint or add it if it is not exist
- Force git commit to follow Conventional Commits.
- Add eslint to package.json if it's not exist.
- Run Unit test before accept the commit to make sure to not push broken code.
- Run eslint -fix or the existing eslint command to make sure that all developers have same code base.
Git linter requires Node.js v10+ to run.
Install the dependencies and devDependencies and start the server.
cd [project-name] npm install git-linter2
Git linter uses the following to work properly:
- [node.js] - to run bash command.
- [Git hooks] - to trigger pre-commit hook and msg-commit hook
And of course Git linter itself is open source with a [public repository] on GitHub.