A compact encoding for geographic data.
Unlike vector-tile-spec, this deals with untiled data in native projections.
Given a GeoJSON FeatureCollection as an object, return a Buffer of geobuf as a ProtoBufjs object.
Given a GeoJSON Feature as an object, return a Buffer of geobuf as a ProtoBufjs object.
Given a Buffer of geobuf, return a GeoJSON Feature as an object.
Given a Buffer of geobuf, return a GeoJSON FeatureCollection as an object.
npm install -g geobuf
Installs these nifty binaries:
geobuf2geojson: turn geobuf from stdin to geojson on stdout
geojson2geobuf: turn geojson from stdin to geobuf on stdout
shp2geobuf: given a shapefile filename, send geobuf on stdout
- geojsonp - the base for this project, this is more or less geojsonp with more wheelies.
- twkb - relative to TWKB, this is an implemented project that does not support topology and uses protobuf as its serialization
- topojson - a variant of GeoJSON that supports topology and delta-encoding. geobuf uses delta encoding by virtue of using protobuf, but does not support topology
- WKT and WKB - popular in databases. Not an open standard.
- EWKB is a popular superset of WKB.