A WordPress theme Yeoman generator, to kickstart WordPress theme development with yo, sass and grunt.
Note: For now, this generator is an early development version, so expect many changes and some bugs in both the generator and generated theme.
- A fully funtional WordPress theme with a working grunt development environment.
- The generated theme
- Well structured SCSS development files
- A pre-filled HTML documentation based on the Themeforest documentation template
- grunt tasks for
- compiling, merging and compressing all SCSS files to one style.css file
- compiling, merging and compressing all JS files to one file
- running jshint on all JS files
- watching all changes and doing the hinting, compiling and merging automatically
- generating a production ready distribution version of the theme
- checking all PHP against WordPress coding standards automatically with PHP_Code_Sniffer
Not every new computer comes with a Yeoman pre-installed. He lives in the npm package repository. You only have to ask for him once, then he packs up and moves into your hard drive. Make sure you clean up, he likes new and shiny things.
$ npm install -g yo
To install generator-wp-theme from npm, you have to install it from this github repo, run:
$ npm install -g generator-wp-theme
Finally, initiate the generator. The most useful place to run this command is in a working WordPress installations themes directory:
$ yo wp-theme
If you need more information on the provided grunt tasks and theme structure, read through this article on my blog: Yeoman WordPress theme generator – kickstart a grunting SCSS theme