generator-team (Yo Team)
See it in action
- Java using Tiles and bootstrap
- Node using Pug and bootstrap
- ASP.net Core using Razor and bootstrap
- ASP.net Full Framework using Razor and bootstrap
It allows you to deploy to the following platforms:
- Azure App Service
- Docker to private host
- Docker images in Azure App Service on Linux
- Azure Container Instances
- Team Foundation Server 2017 or Visual Studio Team Services Account
- Azure Subscription
- Azure PowerShell
- .NET Core SDK
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Java JDK & JRE
- Docker Toolbox
npm install yo
npm install generator-team
You can read how to use it at DonovanBrown.com.
Does not require Docker Host when Hosted Ubuntu Agent is selected.
Node sub generator changes
- Wires up Application Insights
- Switched to Yarn
- All packages were updated
- Home controller implements IoC to ease testing
- Removes usage of deprecated Buffer
Support for PowerShell Modules using Package Management and PowerShell Gallery. This is only supported on VSTS at this time. The build will run on hosted macOS, Linux and Windows agents. The release will run on selected agent during prompts.
- Updated VSTS .net Core task to 2.*.
Set skipindexing to true in .net builds.
Updated code to find profile by name for VSTS even if the profile name does not match the VSTS account name.
Got all tests passing on macOS, Linux and Windows.
Updated all the dependencies. Dropped support for TFS 2017 Update 2. Only update 3.1 is supported.
Added support to read profiles from VSTeam Module. Only profiles of type Pat are supported. If you enter a profile name of type OnPremise you will still be prompted for a Pat.
Added Profile sub generator to Add, List and Delete profiles.
Upgraded .NET Core to 2.0.
Now Supports Deployment slots with App Service.
- Install specific version of .NET Core for ASP.NET Core
Fixed bug in Java Docker Build
Fixed spelling error
Fixed dependencies so users do not need Mocha installed.
- Migrated .net core to csproj and updated all references.
- The Hosted build pool is no longer supported for the .NET Core project. The upgrade to csproj is not supported on Hosted. Use HostedVS2017, Hosted Linux or private agent.
- Removed Code coverage from .NET Core because solution was not cross-platform. It only worked on Windows agents.
- Fixed issue with Node.js code coverage.
Java, Node.js & .NET Core
- Adding support for running Docker images in Azure App Service. Working with Product team to see why images initial load takes so long.
- Updated task versions
- The following task were not updated due to breaking changes:
- Azure Resource Group Deployment
- Azure App Service Deploy
- Updated generator npm dependencies.
Updated the Azure Resource Manager Service Endpoints to work with the Azure Portal Continuous Delivery feature. Fixed bug in Azure sub generator that asked for information not needed when using VSTS.
Fixed some issues with TFS after locking versions for VSTS. Some of the build templates were used for both and locking versions caused issues on TFS.
Added Full .NET Framework support but only for Azure App Service.
Locked Tasks to specific version. This will prevent auto updates from breaking builds and releases.
Changed release template for PaaS to include Web Performance Test.
Changed release to default to latest version of build for manual releases.
Changed ARM templates to add unique string after Website Name. This will help make sure final website URL is globally unique.
ASP sub generator only supports .net core 1.0 RC2. RC 3 and above switched to CSPROJ. yo Team uses hosted agents as lowest common denominator and we will update as soon as CSPROJ is supported on hosted agents.
Fixed a bug in the App Service deployment after adding ACR support.
Improved build names from just build id to build definition name plus build id
Added User-Agent Header to request so calls could be identified by VSTS Team telemetry.