Roots child theme generator
A Yeoman generator for scaffolding a custom Roots child theme.
Duane Cilliers ( @duanecilliers / signpost.co.za / duane.co.za )
A Roots child theme generator for WordPress. Choose between Sass Bootstrap, LESS Bootstrap or CSS bootstrap, optionally include Modernizr with leaner builds and Grunt for all tasks.
- All the benefits of Roots
- Choose between Sass Bootstrap, LESS Bootsrap or no CSS pre-processor (enqueues minified Bootstrap).
- LiveReload the browser (with extension)
- CSS Autoprefixing
- Automatically compile Compass/Sass/Less
- Automatically version your styles and scripts with an md5 hash
- Awesome Image Optimization (via OptiPNG, pngquant, jpegtran and gifsicle)
- Optional - Leaner Modernizr builds
- Deploy your theme via Rsync
- Make sure you have yo installed:
npm install -g yo
- Install the generator:
npm install -g generator-roots-child
yo roots-child inside an empty theme directory.
grunt for building and
grunt dev for watching and compiling
- Make sure you have Roots (the parent theme) installed
Supports bower to install and manage dependencies in the bower_components folder.
- Why are no styles reflecting?
- If the 'WP_DEV_MODE' constant is set to true, be sure to run
$ grunt dev to watch and compile changes.
If 'WP_DEV_MODE' is not set or is false, minified assets are enqueued, so be sure to run
define( 'WP_DEV_MODE', true ) to wp-config.php.
- Consider deployment config prompts